GE Appliances' (GEA) Lean Enterprise Leader Marcia Brey has been promoted to vice president of distribution for the company. A 25-plus veteran of GEA and the first woman to be named to the role, Brey will be responsible for leading all facets of delivering world-class service and quality for our U.S. distribution network, including transportation, logistics warehousing and delivery to millions of customers and consumers.
To further support GEA’s growth, Brey will lead the creation and operation of distribution networks for new products and channels, continue implementation of smart distribution ecosystems to achieve world-class service levels and optimize inventory in our supply chain. Learn more about Brey in our "Ten Things to Know."
Ten Things to Know about Marcia Brey
- Marcia has two master's degrees in engineering — a Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Louisville and a Master of Engineering from the University of Arizona. She is also registered as a profession engineer in Kentucky.
- During her career at GE Appliances, Marcia has worked in roles of increasing responsibility across the business in Technology, Manufacturing, Distribution, Lean Enterprise, Quality and Commercial Services.
- Marcia is the co-chair of GEA's Women’s Network, and she strongly believes in paying it forward to support the career development and promotion of other women.
- She is the Chair of the Board for the Kentucky Chapter of the American Red Cross and has served on the board for 11 years.
- Marcia has been recognized as a “Forty Under Forty” recipient by Business First, a “STEP Award Honoree” from Women in Manufacturing (WiM) and as a Clara Barton Volunteer award recipient from the American Red Cross.
- Marcia and her husband Greg have three teenage boys, ages 19, 17 and 14.
- Marcia loves volleyball, and that passion is shared by her husband and three boys, who decided to turn their backyard into a sand volleyball court.
- Marcia is a volunteer at Catholic Charities, supporting the refugee ministry.
- She is a diehard University of Louisville basketball fan and loves attending NCAA basketball tournament games.
- Marcia is an active member of her parish, St. Gabriel, where she serves on numerous church committees.
Brey steps in to replace Mark Shirkness, who has been named Business Transformation Leader for the company, where he will be using his vast experience of over 30 successful years at GEA to accelerate the company’s digital transformation with key customers and bring online key processes that will help the company grow.