Technology Co-op Program
Dive in and earn while you learn with an exciting, paid co-op opportunity at GE Appliances! A co-op at GE Appliances is a fun, authentic experience as a professional in the field. You’ll work on an engineering team side by side with seasoned engineers. We provide a broad array of opportunities to connect, learn, and have new adventures. You’ll be facing real world challenges in real world settings, testing your knowledge and learning every day. Every experience will be an impactful step to launching your engineering career. You will be doing all of this with a big, dynamic group of other co-ops who are on the same journey.
It can be hard to navigate a new job or new city. Not at GE Appliances! GEA co-ops have many ways to connect with people across our business. You can take classes taught by other engineers to help you learn new skills and tools. And of course, our co-ops have many social activities throughout each co-op rotation. There are lots of things to see and do in Louisville and in the region, a short car ride away.
Some of the degree majors we recruit from include ME, EE, CS, CSE, ECE, ChemE, and BioMed. Not sure about yours? Just ask.
Interested and want to learn more? Keep scrolling. You’ll see why we’ve been named one of the Top 100 Internships by WayUp three years in a row.
Why Co-op with us?
- Wide array of unique, practical job experiences with each co-op
- Highly technical, meaningful projects
- Very large community of co-ops from across the US
- Many social activities to enjoy with other co-ops from across GEA
- Inclusive, diverse culture of continuous, immersive learning
- Support from all levels to help you succeed
- Coaching from experienced mentors
- Work with a company that is growing and winning
- Cutting edge technology, tools and equipment
- Named Top 100 Internships by WayUp three years in a row
- GE Appliances named in Healthiest 100 places to work
- GE Appliances named in “Best Places To Work” for LGBTQ equality with 100% score on Corporate Equality Index
- Housing benefits, relocation offerings & rideshare program
- Competitive wages
A world of possibilities.
Co-op roles are offered in a wide array of job possibilities described generally in these seven categories. Cick the links to learn more about each program area.
All work and no play? Not here.
Our co-ops are very social and connect through a wide variety of activities each semester. Groups regularly play together and explore our wonderful city. Louisville is full of great places to eat and explore and our co-ops know it! There are many group sports options like basketball, soccer, kickball, and rock climbing. There are picnics and community service projects. If you can think of it, our co-ops are probably doing it! And you can join when you’re here.
We provide housing options to make it easy to relocate to Louisville, KY and work at GE Appliances, including fully furnished apartments. There’s even a rideshare app just for our employees to use for getting to and from work!
But wait, there’s more!
GE Appliances has its Edison Engineering Development Program for exceptional co-ops who want to continue their careers with us. This three-year, rotation based program provides in-depth engineering learning across our product lines and different role types as you earn your Master’s degree. You’ll be working full time as a paid engineer in a highly visible role and we pay for your degree along the way.